Questions of eternal life torment people throughout history. Once upon a time alchemists trying to invent the elixir of immortality, looking for the philosopher’s stone and other ways of immortality. As we can see their attempts were not successful.
Not so long ago, scientists have found an effective way to extend our lives. I’m not talking about 5-10 years, but more. Total life expectancy increases by an average of 1 year every 3 years. Now scientists do not even debate that modern man can live 120-130 years. However, I’m not going to lie. In order to live up to this age, you need to apply a range of measures. Maybe I’ll write about it in more detail in the future. One such measure (one of the main ones) is Intermittent fasting.
You’ve probably heard of things like Intermittent fasting? This is one way to prolong life and even lose weight.
First of all, I will say that I rely on the latest scientific data. However, there are no studies regarding pregnant women or people with serious health problems. Therefore, I do not recommend SHORT-TERM FASTING if you have health problems or are expecting a child.
What is short-term fasting?
Short-term fasting is an artificial restriction of food intake for a short period of time. 24 to 72. No more! Why not more?
After three days of fasting appears:
- The body begins to absorb itself. Muscles destruction. (They consist of protein)
- The immune system begins to weaken. Most often, a person without food does not die from hunger, but from illness.
- Begin acidosis.
- Lipid oxidation.
- Greater formation of ketone bodies and cholesterol.
Simply put, nothing good.
How does it work?
In our cells there is a built-in mechanism for recycling and processing of broken organelles is called autophagy. Incorrect or insufficient work of the autophagy system leads to premature aging and tissue degradation. This effect is especially noticeable for nerve cells and cells of internal organs. It is proved that periodic fasting (lasting from 24 to 48 hours) sharply increases the number of autolysosomes. (organelles utilizing broken cell structures) Similar results have been obtained for liver cells.
During periodic fasting cells are freed from the need to process incoming nutrients and can actively utilize their own failed components, updating themselves and improving their work.
- Reduces the concentration of insulin, glucose and insulin-like growth factor. It is a substance that accelerates aging and is a risk factor for tumors.
- More growth hormone is released, which helps to burn fat and gain muscle mass.
- Fat burning is one of the most desirable effects of periodic fasting. Weight loss, in this case, is due to lower calorie consumption.
- Increases the sensitivity of cells to insulin.
- Reduces blood glucose levels.
- Stimulates the breakdown of subcutaneous fat, namely abdominal (the most dangerous).
- Improve immunity.
- Cleanses the skin.
More details here.
What to do?
It’s simple, you don’t have to eat anything for 24 hours. You can try 48, but it’s harder. You can drink tea, water, coffee, and similar drinks, but soda should be avoided.
What is the result of short-term fasting?
- Short-term fasting helps with weight loss, but only if you not overeating on the next day.
- Increases life expectancy and quality of life.
- Suitable for people who working out. (Do not confuse them with athletes).